Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Year, New Me, New Blog

It's 2012. In the past year I've lived in Los Angeles, had my first internship with a casting agency in Hollywood, roadtripped across the U.S., graduated college, lived in Boston, was cast in my second non-academically associated play, and FINALLY traveled outside of the U.S./moved to Germany to work as an Au pair. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the start of this new post-academia chapter in my life, and I feel like this new year has brought about the beginning of a new section in this developing chapter.

Some of you may know that I started a blog at the beginning of my adventure of moving to Germany, but I would like to start over. I wasn't keeping up with it, which I felt bad about, but I I realize now that I shouldn't feel bad about my lack of inspiration because the blog totally lacked a point. I wanted to record my thoughts, feelings, revelations, and transformations as I set out on this new journey, but I think I knew deep down that without a real goal or reason to present this to others makes the writing just plain boring.

So I'd like to welcome you to a NEW blog that follows the events of a NEW me. Living in a new country is amazing in many ways, but one of the greatest things it has done for me so far is giving me new a perspective on what I really want to do with my life. To be clear, I'm still not sure specifically what I want to be, but taking a step back from my artistic and professional pursuits has given me a lot of insight into what it takes to begin figuring that out. I cannot express how valuable it has been to step outside of that world to look at it from the outside - it has given me a desperation and desire to be a part of it that I've never had before, and I understand now how much I will need to do and how focused and passionate I must be to find work that is really meaningful, fun, and rewarding.

So I've started a new group on Facebook called Düsseldorf Writers' Workshop (http://www.facebook.com/groups/ddorfwriters/) to find people in my area who a) speak English and b) are creative, and hopefully from here I can figure out more ways to develop my creativity. I've also gotten a Twitter account to keep up-to-date with Boston/Theater, you can find me on barryjrose8.

Keep up with this blog to see how I'm doing with my many new pursuits, including learning German, traveling, my new writers' workshop, play/movie/book/music reviews, thoughts about acting, theater, and film, and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment